This data product is made freely available to the public and the scientific community in the belief that its wide dissemination will lead to greater understanding and new scientific and policy insights. The availability of this data product does not constitute publication of the data product or permission to use the information contained in the data product for publication or any commercial use. If the data product is obtained for potential use in a publication or presentation, Dr. Kevin Gurney should be informed at the outset of the nature of this work. If this data product is essential to the work, or if an important result or conclusion depends on this data product, co-authorship may be appropriate. This should be discussed at an early stage in the work. Manuscripts using the data product should be sent to Kevin Gurney for review before manuscripts are submitted for publication so quality can be insured and limitations of the data product accurately represented. Every effort is made to produce the most accurate and precise results possible. However, Kevin Gurney reserves the right to make corrections to the data product at any time for reasons deemed scientifically justified. Kevin Gurney requests 1 month prior notification regarding public presentations of results or findings based on this data product.
Core and Related Papers
- Zhou, Y. and K.R. Gurney (2010) A New Methodology for Quantifying Residential and Commercial Fossil Fuel CO2 Emissions at the Building Spatial Scale and Hourly Time Scale, Carbon Management, 1(1), 45-56
- Gurney, K.R., Razlivanov, I., Song, Y. Zhou, Y., Benes, B., M. Abdul-Massih (2012) Quantification of fossil fuel CO2 on the building/street scale for a large US city Environ. Sci. & Tech., 46, 12194-12202, dx.doi.org/10.1021/es3011282
- Zhou, Y., Weng, Q., Gurney, K.R., Shuai, Y. and X. Hu (2011) Estimation of the relationship between remotely sensed anthropogenic heat discharge and building energy use, International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 67, 65-72.
- Newman, S., S. Jeong, M. Fischer, X. Xu, C. Haman, B. Lefer, S. Alvarez, B. Rappenglueck, E.A. Kort, A.E. Andrews, J. Peischl, K.R. Gurney, C.E. Miller, and Y.L. Yung (2013) Diurnal tracking of anthropogenic CO2 emissions in the Los Angeles basin mega-city during spring, 2010, Atm Chem and Physics, 13: 4359-4372
- Cambaliza, O., P. B. Shepson, D. Caulton, B. Stirm, D. Samarov, K.R. Gurney, J. Turnbull, K. J. Davis, A. Possolo, A. Karion, C. Sweeney, B. Moser, A. Hendricks, T. Lauvaux, K. Mays, J. Whetstone, J. Huang, I. Razlivanov, N. L. Miles, and S. J. Richardson (2014) Assessment of uncertainties of an aircraft-based mass-balance approach for quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14, 9029-9050, doi:10.5194/acp-14-9029-2014
- Cambaliza, O.M., P. B. Shepson, J. Bogner, D. R. Caulton, B. Stirm, C. Sweeney, S.A. Montzka, K.R. Gurney, K. Spokas, O.E. Salmon, T.N. Lavoie, A. Hendricks, K. Mays, J. Turnbull, B.R. Miller, T. Lauvaux, K. Davis, A. Karion, B. Moser, C. Miller, C. Obermeyer, J. Whetstone, K. Prasad, N. Miles, S. Richardson (2015) Quantification and source apportionment of the methane emission flux from the city of Indianapolis, Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene, doi: 10.12952/journal.elementa.000037.
- Turnbull, J., C. Sweeney, A. Karion, T. Newberger, P. Tans, S. Lehman, K.J. Davis, N.L. Miles, S.J. Richardson, T. Lauvaux, M.O. Cambaliza, P. Shepson, K.R. Gurney, Y. Song, I. Razlivanov, A. Zondervan (2015) Towards quantification of fossil fuel CO2 and trace gas emissions from an urban area: Results from the INFLUX experiment, Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmos, 120. DOI: 10.1002/2014JD022555.
- Gurney, K.R., P. Romero-Lankao, K. Seto, C. Kennedy, N., Grimm, J., Ehleringer, P. Marcotullio, S. Pincetl, , J.J. Feddema, S. Hughes, M.V. Chester, L. Hutyra, J. Sperling, and D. Runfola (2015) Climate change: Track urban emissions on a human scale, Nature (Comment), 525, 179-181 (10 September 2015), doi: 10.1038/525179a
- Patarasuk, P., K.R. Gurney, D. O’Keeffe, Y. Song, J. Huang, P.Rao, M. Buchert, J. Lin, D. Mendoza, J.R. Ehleringer (2016) Application of high-resolution fossil fuel CO2 emissions quantification to urban climate policy in Salt Lake County, Utah USA, Urban Ecosystems. DOI 10.1007/s11252-016-0553-1
- Lauvaux, T., N.L. Miles, A. Deng, S.J. Richardson, M.O. Cambaliza, K.J. Davis, B. Gaudet, K.R. Gurney, J. Huang, D. O'Keeffe, Y. Song, A. Karion, T. Oda, R. Patarasuk, D. Sarmiento, P. Shepson, C. Sweeney, J. Turnbull, and K. Wu (2016) High resolution atmospheric inversion of urban CO2 emissions during the dormant season of the Indianapolis Flux Experiment (INFLUX), Journal of Geophysical Research, 121, doi:10.1002/2015JD024473
- Newman, S., X. Xu, K.R. Gurney, Y.-K. Hsu, K.-F. Li, X. Jiang, R. Keeling, S. Feng, D. O'Keeffe, R. Patarasuk, K.W. Wong, P. Rao, M.L. Fischer, and Y.L. Yung (2016) Toward consistency between trends in bottom-up CO2 emissions top-down atmospheric measurements in the Los Angeles megacity, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 16, 3843-3863